Virtual sympathetic strings
Superchord is an emulation of sympathetic string resonance, designed to add complex and evolving harmonic textures to your sounds.
- Dual effect / MIDI instrument mode
- AAX, Audio Unit, VST, VST3, NKS support
- Compatible with PC | macOS, 32 | 64bit
- Unobtrusive copy protection
- Comprehensive user manual
Sympathy for the audio
Superchord is a novel effect plug-in which emulates virtual strings resonating in sympathy with the input audio.
The strings can be tuned to any pitch, and even be played live using MIDI, as an instrument.
Superchord transforms your sounds into complex, animated textures with an organic quality.
It can also be used as a special kind of reverberation to add a touch of ambience to your tracks.
Superchord opens a myriad of possibilities for musicians, producers and sound designers alike.
A wide range of applications
- Add virtual sympathetic strings to any instrument such as guitar, piano, etc.
- Imprint a harmonic layer onto rhythmic loops, preserving source dynamics
- Get inspired by mutating existing sounds into something new
- Create otherworldly special FX for sound design
Lose yourself to sound
- 12 string resonators with individual and global settings
- Assignable LFO and envelope follower
- Filter and saturation modules
- Dynamics model, controlling string energy characteristics
- String model parameters, controlling timbre and other qualities
- Instrument mode for live playing
- Deep host integration with direct access to automation (AAX / VST3) and quick control mapping (VST3)
- Native Instruments NKS FX support for seamless integration with Komplete Kontrol and Maschine
- Coarse/fine control adjustment using modifier keys
- Mouse wheel support
- Convenience functions such as parameter reset, randomize and more through context menus
Reactive user interface
- Scalable user interface with clean 2D vector design
- Preset browser with more than 50 factory presets included
- Context-aware interaction and help system
- Selection of graphic skins
- GPU accelerated graphics engine to maximize refresh rates and minimize CPU usage
- Comprehensive metering for all key elements of the signal chain
Pristine audio processing
- Optimized audio engine with 64-bit double precision path
- Sample accurate automation
- Glitch-free parameter changes
- Integrated mini-mixer with solo, mute and defeat
- 64-bit double precision internal processing
- Stereo/mono operation
- Sampling rate up to 384kHz
- Avid AAX
- Apple AU
- Steinberg VST2
- Steinberg VST3
- Microsoft Windows 7 to 10
- Apple macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) to 10.14 (Mojave)
Other OS versions are not officially supported, however the plug-in may still run.
- Intel compatible processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 2GB RAM
- OpenGL 3.2 capable graphics card
- 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher resolution monitor
- Pro Tools 10 and above
- VST, VST3 or AU compatible host
- Maschine 2.7.5 / Komplete Kontrol 2.0 for optional NKS FX support
- Verified by Tracktion pluginval
Please check our FAQ for detailed host compatibility information.
The dry sound plays for a few seconds, then Superchord is engaged and parameters are tweaked. No additional processing except from a light touch of limiting and reverb was used.
An original effect to thicken up instrumental sounds as well as venture cheerfully into sound design territory.
Takes sympathetic resonance as a starting point for an incredibly versatile range of riotously creative effects ..
Superchord is the most musical resonator effect we’ve ever used.
The factory presets provide a great impression of what the software can do … Superchord does its job very well!